ALLSTARS INSALT online fishing competition (ALLSTARS INSALT) is an internet based fishing competition that operates 24 hours, 365 days a year for the winning anglers to be awarded monthly cash prizes.
The competition is aimed to attract competitive anglers that wish to compete against their personal best and each other, keep a record of their catches over time and ultimately receive notoriety online of their angling success.
All the fish species are based on length by being photographed on the competition’s brag mat with the relevant angler entrant unique code for the month.
ALLSTARS INSALT encourages its anglers to fish sustainably and therefore prefer for fish to be caught, photographed, data recorded and healthy fish released. All photographs are evaluated to ensure no tampering and the competition rules are met.
From 1/01/2022 to 31/12/2022 the Entry Fee is $100 (including your ALLSTARS competition brag mat worth $30 RRP)
The annual competition commences 1st of January and ends 31st December each year.
Competitors can enter at any time during the year and go into the competition for the month to win the $150 cash prizes per fish category. The price for entering part way through a month or year remains at $100.
No refunds provided.
There is no discounted or part payment of entry fees.
All entrants are aged 16 years old and over at the time of entering.
How to enter the competition:
- Register to become an annual entrant angler on the ALLSTARS INSALT website
- Annual registration includes the provision of an ALLSTARS INSALT brag mat. If an entrant loses, damages or seeks an additional ALLSTARS INSALT brag mat to compete then these are available in the website shopping cart to purchase.
- Annual registration includes the provision of the entrant angler’s monthly unique codes for the brag mat. EG: MAY2020/463. If an entrant loses, damages or seeks additional ALLSTARS INSALT brag mat unique codes then they are available in the website Member’s area.
- Catch a fish, take multiple photographs; including on the brag mat with the entrant angler’s monthly unique code and the entrant’s promotional bragging photo with the fish.
- Submit the catch on the website to be in the running to win CASH prizes.
- Agree to photos of yourself and your catch being shared on Facebook, Instagram and the ALLSTARS INSALT website.
- Read these detailed ALLSTARS INSALT online fishing competition rules to ensure you are photographing and submitting your catch accurately to win.
Competition entrants may fish Queensland salt waters for the 14 fish categories listed below (including freshwater/impoundment for Barramundi & Mangrove Jack) from:
- Land based
- Human powered craft (kayak, canoe, stand-up paddle board etc.)
- Powered vessels
- Personal water craft
All recreational fishing methods; excluding nets and spearfishing are valid including:
- Rod and reel (all line classes)
- Bait and artificial lures (including live bait & trolling)
- Fly fishing
When an entrant submits their catch onto the ALLSTARS INSALT website they are required to select the closest coastal port/launch location from the list:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- Hervey Bay
- Airlie Beach
- Quintell Beach
- Thursday Island
All anglers are to be compliant with Queensland Government Department of Agriculture & Fisheries requirements; especially with regards to fishery closures and no take fish species. Cash prizes will not be awarded for fish during these closures.
All fish species are as per the Queensland Government Department of Agriculture and Fisheries website fish species guide www.daf.qld.gov.au
Queensland Fish Species:
The following 14 fish species are the only species eligible for submission into the ALLSTARS INSALT:
- Mackerel (Spanish)
- Tuna (includes Longtail, Mackerel, Yellowfin & Dogtooth)
- Trevally (includes Giant, Bigeye, Golden, Bluefin, Silver, Diamond, Longnose, Bludger Trevally & Turrum)
- Queenfish (includes Giant, Lesser, Needleskin & Barred Queenfish)
- Red Emperor
- Red Throat Emperor
- Coral Trout (includes Barcheek, Common, White Edge Coronation, Yellow Edge Coronation, Highfin & Passionfruit Trout)
- Nannygai (includes Crimson Snapper & Saddletail Snapper)
- Mangrove Jack (includes saltwater & impoundment/freshwater)
- Barramundi (includes saltwater & impoundment/freshwater)
- Salmon (Blue & King Threadfin)
- Grunter (Barred & Silver Javelin)
For more detailed information regarding the 14 competition fish categories, refer to the detailed fish species listing on the ALLSTARS INSALT website that contains links to the Queensland Department of Agriculture & Fisheries website to show the specific fish species information.
Photographing and measuring fish:
All fish to be submitted into the online competition must be photographed upon capture and total length measured on the ALLSTARS INSALT Brag Mat to meet Queensland legal size. Oversized fish can be photographed, submitted to the competition; but must be released. No gutting, gilling, throat cutting or filleting of fish for weigh in photos of fish on brag mats.
No other reputable or homemade mats will be accepted. To ascertain that the fish has been caught within the competition time, the entrant’s official monthly ALLSTARS INSALT unique, secret code must be shown in at least 1 of the 3 brag mat photos.
NOTE: An entrant generates this code from their Member’s area of the website and prints the code to clear tape/laminate onto their brag mat each month for clear identification purposes in the photos.
Three digital photos of the fish on the brag mat are required – one showing the whole fish with the head at the start of the measure, another zoomed in on the head showing it at the start of the measure, and the third zoomed in on the tail showing its overall length. At least 1 of the 3 brag mat photos must display the monthly code.
The fish should be laid in its natural position on the ALLSTARS flattened brag mat. Do not extend the length in any manner; such as tilting the fish tail or contouring the fish in anyway to extend the tip of the tail length. If the fish or fish tail is tilted/angled or squeezed in any way and this fish is a contender then the squared off tail tips measurement will be used to award the prize. Accurate length is important for data analysis so the fish must be flat and straight (non-contouring).
The overall fish length is taken from the tips of the tail as per the QDAF guide: Measuring fish | Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Queensland (daf.qld.gov.au)
If the entrant’s fish is longer than the ALLSTARS INSALT brag mat then a tape measure can be used to accurately extend the measuring range.
A fourth photo is required to be submitted showing the competition entrant holding the fish they’ve caught and photographed on the brag mat. These photos need to be on/near the water where the fish was caught and of good quality for promotional purposes. Any inappropriate (for example: harm to humans or fish, taken in a backyard or house, offensive) angler photos may result in the entrant being disqualified from the competition.
All photos must be original/digital native photos that show the meta-data (it is acceptable to turn your GPS tracking meta-data off); but no screenshots will be accepted and software will be used to ensure that photographic editing is not being undertaken (i.e: no photo shopping).
ALL SUBMITTED PHOTOS ARE REVIEWED FOR ACCURACY IN ORDER TO AWARD WINNING ENTRANTS.
Competition Prizes Awarded:
At the conclusion of each month all the competition entrant’s fish species submitted will be compared to identify the longest fish in each species. During the month if a competitor is weighing in multiple fish of the same species then only the longest will be considered for winning a fish species prize. If a fish has not been submitted for a species then no entry for this species is considered for the monthly prizes.
At the conclusion of the monthly fishing competition all the fish species winners will be considered for awarding the overall monthly prizes. If the fish category winner is a tie, the prize will be awarded to the first submitted catch from an entrant.
As a random novelty prize each month an entrant that has submitted a weigh in photo will be chosen to win an ALLSTARS INSALT Fishing Shirt worth $70 RRP. They don’t necessarily have to catch the biggest fish to win the Fishing Shirt – they could just have a really good photo or a really fishy story to win!
After 30-days, any unclaimed prizes will remain the property of ALLSTARS INSALT.
There is no maximum monthly fish species wins per competitor; so a competitor can win more than a single species each month.
|Each month the 14 fish species monthly winners each receive||$150 CASH|
Under the rules that ALLSTARS INSALT online fishing competition is an amateur competition, the Competitors shall comply with:
- ALLSTARS INSALT accepts no liability for any injury, loss or damage to any person or property in the course of the competition when such injury or loss is due, or alleged to be due to any act, neglect or default on the part of ALLSTARS INSALT, or of any official or agency thereof.
- All competitors fully understand that in participating they do so entirely at their own risk and agree to abide by all rules.
- Syndicates, teams, clubs, groups of people are not recognised in this amateur competition; which is open to both commercial and recreational anglers. ALLSTARS INSALT is a single entry for an individual entrant.
- Under no circumstances are there to be any transfer of entry registrations into the ALLSTARS INSALT online fishing competition to another name prior to or during the year of competition.
- As a ALLSTARS INSALT competitor, you authorise, give permission for ALLSTARS INSALT management to use any audio/visual imagery taken of yourself via photography, video content, drone footage and audio recordings, name, to be used for purposes of material produced for education, promotion, marketing or advertising for (included but not limited to) print, media releases, radio, TV, website, social media, graphics, editorials, banners, stickers, shirts, corflutes, street signs. Also, unless otherwise stated, there will be no restrictions on the geographical distribution of material produced.
- If you have a child/ren under the age of 18 years old, you give permission and all rights for ALLSTARS INSALT management to use any audio/visual imagery taken of child/ren via photography, video content, drone footage and audio recordings, name, to be used for purposes of education, promotion, marketing or advertising for (included but not limited to) print, media releases, radio, TV, website, social media, graphics, editorials, banners, stickers, shirts, corflutes, street signs. Also, unless otherwise stated, there will be no restrictions on the geographical distribution of material produced. If the minor is under the laws of the state where his/hers appearance is recorded.
- By completing the ALLSTARS INSALT online fishing competition website entry registration process:
- you have read the ALLSTARS INSALT rules of the Competition presented; and
- You understand the rules described and are lawfully abiding by these rules granting ALLSTARS INSALT rights given under this contract.
Any evidence of falsification such as:
- fish caught outside the Queensland boundaries
- an individual submitting someone else’s fish that hasn’t entered ALLSTARS INSALT online fishing competition
- netted or speared fish
- any action in defiance of the rules and goodwill of the online competition;
Will be placed in the hands of ALLSTARS INSALT management and entrants involved will be withdrawn from the online competition without an entry fee refund.
ALLSTARS INSALT management reserves the right of absolute disqualification in the event of specified breaches of rules occurring, including sample testing by the Queensland Agriculture & Fisheries officers’ interception of entrants. All fish photos submitted will be scanned by a fish health monitoring algorithm to test age of the fish and to detect photo tampering. The management decision is final and ALLSTARS INSALT retains the right to withhold any prizes pending investigation
In the event of any dispute or any differing interpretation of the rules of the ALLSTARS INSALT online fishing competition, the competitor may write to the ALLSTARS INSALT management stating their dispute. The ALLSTARS INSALT management will consider the dispute after the monthly competition is completed providing the disputing competitor a fair hearing. The disputing competitor will be advised in writing of the outcome of the ALLSTARS INSALT management decision regarding the dispute. The management decision is final. A proven breach may result in loss of the competition prizes and/or disqualification and registration from the competition.